January 28, 2016

Plush Vampy Quilted Nails #WNAC2016

Plush_Vampy_Quilted_Nails_Revlon_Brilliant_Strength_Beguile_Revlon_Leather_Cuir_Motorcycle_Jacket_Pure_Ice_Frost_Finish


Hey Guys!

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! I've been in a bit of a funk lately so I haven't been posting like I wanted to so now I'm playing catch up with nail art and swatches. I decided to participate in the Weekly Nail Art Challenge (#WNAC2016) on instagram which is hosted by @missbellatracey, @simplynailogical and @kgrdnr. 


The theme for the month is Glitz n Glam

This week's prompt is: Quilted


I used Revlon Brilliant Strength in Beguile, Revlon Leather Cuir in Motorcycle Jacket, Pure Ice Frost  Finish Matte Top Coat, Striping Tape and Silver Square Nail Embellishments.

Plush_Vampy_Quilted_Nails_Revlon_Brilliant_Strength_Beguile_Revlon_Leather_Cuir_Motorcycle_Jacket_Pure_Ice_Frost_Finish
Revlon Beguile and Revlon Motorcycle Jacket
I was really excited about this prompt when I saw it on the challenge because I have always wanted to try quilted nails. I based the mani off the beautiful blue/black shift of Beguile, I wanted them to have a plush matte finish so used my go to Pure Ice Frost  Finish and for a bit more texture I used Revlon Leather Cuir in Motorcycle Jacket(I've been wanting to try it out for a while, I love it!).
The look was so so dark and textured, it was screaming for a bit of shine so I added silver caviar beads to all the points of the quilts and the silver squares to bring in more light.

Plush_Vampy_Quilted_Nails_Revlon_Brilliant_Strength_Beguile_Revlon_Leather_Cuir_Motorcycle_Jacket_Pure_Ice_Frost_Finish
Revlon Beguile and Revlon Motorcycle Jacket 

 I will definitely say its harder than it looks(the striping tape drove me crazy) and I am not 100% happy with the finished product but I think it was great for the 1st try at it.
What do you think of quilted nails?
Have you ever tried them?

Plush_Vampy_Quilted_Nails_Revlon_Brilliant_Strength_Beguile_Revlon_Leather_Cuir_Motorcycle_Jacket_Pure_Ice_Frost_Finish
Revlon Beguile and Rev;on Motorcycle Jacket

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Girl I know just how you feel! When I did mine the striping tape drove me nuts also. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete