January 27, 2016

Starry Starry Night from the Retro Revival Collection

Starry_Starry_Night_Retro_Revival_Collection

Hi Guys!

Today I am swatching Essie Starry Starry Night( aka SSN) from the Retro Revival Collection. The original SSN came out in 1997 way before I was into nail polish. But it seems to be a really big deal in the nail community and the original has gone for $100+ on Ebay. So that being said once the Retro Revival Collection came out I had to grab it and try it out.

Essie_Starry_Starry_Night_Retro_Revival_Collection
2 Coats of Essie Starry Starry Night

Here's the polish stats:

Color: Royal Blue with tiny silver round glitter
Formula: Jelly
Finish: Very shiny glossy finish
Coverage: Pictured is 2 thin coats which gave me deep royal blue but it is wearable in 1 coat if you want a bright blue. 


Essie_Starry_Starry_Night_Retro_Revival_Collection
Essie Starry Starry Night from Retro Revival Collection

 I've seen a couple of comparisons between the original and the retro release so I knew they wouldn't be identical but I was still really happy with it. The formula had a great consistency, quick drying and a beautiful shine. The jelly formula and the way the glitters settle gives the polish so much depth. I don't have many jellies in my collection so I was happy went I spotted it on display at my local Walgreen.

Essie_Starry_Starry_Night_Retro_Revival_Collection
2 Coats of Essie Starry Starry Night

Have you been able to find Starry Starry Night?
 What do you think of it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment