March 3, 2015

The Elsa Frozen Orly Color Blast Collection

Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection


Hey guys!

I spotted these on display at my local Walgreens and my jaw dropped. I've never seen Orly at my Walgreen and I hadn't heard anything about this new collection, so of course I had to snatch some up. 

Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Dispay
Walgreen Display for the Orly Elsa Frozen Collection

The collection of 12 polishes includes 6 from the Snow Queen's Spring Set(which are all light and icy pastel shades). 

Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Snow-Queen's-Spring-Display
Snow Queen's Spring Display

Arendelle Spring Set includes 6 polishes (which are all brighter bold shades). 
Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Arendelle-Spring-Display
Arendelle Spring Display

At my store, they were available in 0.37fl oz/11ml bottles and were $6.99 each or in a two piece set for 10.99.


Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Snow-Queen's-Spring
Snow Queen's Spring Display


Snow Queen:
A crisp bright white cream with a very subtle blue flash in the bottle, that unfortunately doesn't translate to the nail. Thicker formula, first coat was kinda patchy and the second coat evened it out nicely and made it wearable but I think three coat would make it fully opaque. 
Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Snow-Queen
Two thin coats of Snow Queen


Watch Out, or Elsa!:
A berry with gold flakies, thinner formula and very smooth application. First coat went on smooth and even and the second was fully opaque. In the picture I'm wearing two thin coats but it would be wearable with one think coat.
Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Watch-Out,-or-Elsa!
Two Thin Coats of Watch Out, or Elsa!

Coronation Ball:
A lilac glitter topper with a slightly thicker formula. One coat can be worn as a glitter topper, two coats makes it wearable alone and three would make it fully opaque. It has an amazing shine, I couldn't stop staring at my nails!


Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Coronation-Ball
 Two Thin Coats of Coronation Ball
Frozen:
An ice blue frost, very sheer thin formula. Opaque and wearable in three coats, has a frosty pearl like finish with visible brushstrokes.
Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Frozen
Three Thin Coats of Frozen


Ice-Solated:
A pale blue with a subtle teal shimmer that is visible on the nail. Thinner formula, first and second coats were patchy, evened out and fully opaque in three coats. 
Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Ice-Solated
Three coats of Ice-Solated


Winter Blush:
A bright hot pink cream with a subtle blue flash in the bottle, the blue is very faint but noticeable on the nail. The first two coats were patchy and the third coat made it fully opaque.

Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Winter-Blush
Three thin coats of Winter Blush

Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Arendelle-Spring
Arendelle Spring Display


In Summer:
A bright yellow crelly with orange/gold micro flakies, sheer thinner formula. Wearable in three coats with nail line slightly visible and fully opaque in four coats.
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-In-Summer
Three thin Coats of In Summer


Olaf You A Lot:
A bubble gum pink cream with a thinner formula. First coat was a bit patchy but it was fully opaque in two coats. 
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Olaf-You-A-Lot
Two thin coats of Olaf You A Lot


Warm Hugs:
A bright vibrant orange based red cream, thin formula that goes on smooth. First coat was a bit sheer but even, wearable in two coats but my nail line was slightly visible. 
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Warm-Hugs
Two thin coats of Warm Hugs

Free Spirit:
A bright berry cream, thinner formula and very smooth and even application. Very wearable in two coats and fully opaque in three. In the picture I'm wearing three thin coats, but that's only because my nail line was slightly visible with two coats.
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Free-Spirit
Two thin coats of Free Spirit

Kristoff He Goes:
A mid toned teal cream, very nice formula that goes on smooth. Easily a one coater, slightly staining.
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Kristoff-He-Goes
One thin coat of Kristoff He Goes

A Happy... Puddle
A bright blue crelly, thinner formula. First coat goes on a bit sheer and patchy, fully opaque on two coats. 
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-A-Happy...Puddle
Two thin coats of A Happy... Puddle

There were a couple of shades that are pretty similar so I took comparison shots:
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Olaf-You-A-Lot-and-Winter-Blush-Comparison
Olaf You A Lot and Winter Blush Comparison 
Limited-Edition-Elsa-Frozen-Orly-Color-Blast-Collection-Free-Spirit-and-Watch-Out,-or-Elsa!-Comparison
Free Spirit and Watch Out, Or Elsa! Comparison 


Overall I think it's a really cool collection, my favorites are Watch Out, Or Elsa, Free Spirit, and Coronation Ball because the formula and pigmentation of them are awesome(plus I love purple). My least favorites are In Summer and Snow Queen because I didn't care for the formulas. My daughter and I love Frozen and I think it's such a cute collection to have especially if your a fan of the movie.

      Have you found them in  your stores yet? Which one is your favorite?


6 comments:

  1. Love these Frozen colours! Check out my blog for an interesting light hearted read :) http://dollswords.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! Those colors look so pretty! Haven't come across them in Toronto yet:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They have just started to release them in US stores but I hope that you can find them near you soon! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I ever saw them near me. They are very pretty. Thanks for the review. For the Kristoff he goes, should I just double my base coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know some stores release items at different times, so hopefully you can find them soon! Yes for that one I would double up your base coat.

      Delete