January 19, 2015

Sally Hansen Velvet Texture Collection Review

Velvet Textured Nail Polish


Hey guys!
I'm here to show you all the new polishes I picked up from the new Sally Hansen Velvet Texture collection, this line includes 8 polishes that dry to a matte textured finish.

Velvet Textured Nail Polish

First up is Velour, a pretty bright purple:
Velvet Textured Nail Polish

Next up is Velveteen, a rich pure black:
Velvet Textured Nail Polish

One of my favorites is Regal, a amazing vibrant cobalt blue:
Velvet Textured Nail Polish
My favorite of the set is Lavish,a beautiful rich wine color:
Velvet Textured Nail Polish

The first couple of times that I applied the Velvet Texture polish it was a complete fail. It took forever to dry and it kept denting everywhere, I was ready to call it quits. I decided to give it another try and finally figured it out how to make it work for me.

I used an extremely thin coat of polish making sure my entire nail was well coated. Once it was completely dry I went over it with another thin second coat to darken the color, making sure to only go over each area once. If you use thin coats the polish drys pretty quick so you have to work fast, I noticed if I went over an area more than once it would mess up the smooth texture and make it look lumpy as it dried.

After I figured out how to work them I was in love! All polishes were opaque in 2 coats and on the bare nail gave me about 3 days of chip free wear.They all had a soft smooth the texture that really did remind me of velvet. My favorites were Regal and Lavish(the names match them perfectly) I loved how vibrant Regal is and how dark and vampy Lavish is. There are 4 more polishes in the collection but unfortunately  my store didn't have them. So once I find them I will definitely snatch them up and let you guys know what I think of them.

What do you think of the velvet texture polish? Did you have a favorite?

Velvet Textured Nail Polish

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment