January 24, 2015

Tribal Negative Space Nail Art

Sally Hansen Velvet Texture in Velveteen Sinful Colors Let it go Nail Polish


Hello Everybody!

I'm back with some more nail art, this mani was done on a whim while I was swatching Velveteen from the Sally Hansen Velvet Texture collection. I've been wanting to try doing a negative space mani and for some reason the texture of the polish totally inspired me.

Okay so I've never really looked into the "official" negative space technique(I'm assuming people use striping tape?) so I just kinda did my own thing. I started with my nails already painted with 2 coats of Velveteen, then I took my clean up brush and some acetone and craved in! I kinda decided on the design as went. Starting on my ring finger, moving to my thumb and finishing with my pinky. I wish I would have done a bit more with the pinky but it was late and my brain went blank. I topped it in certain spots with Let It Go by Sinful Colors, just for a pop of amazing duo chrome color.                        



Sally Hansen Velvet Texture in Velveteen Sinful Colors Let it go Nail Polish
Sally Hansen Velvet Texture in Velveteen Sinful Colors Let it go Nail Polish

I absolutely loved the way it came out, especially with the duo chrome topper. Definitely have to try this look out again. What do you think? How do you feel about the negative space trend?



0 comments:

Post a Comment