November 14, 2015

Pastel Watercolor Nails #WNAC2015 pt. 2

Pastel_Watercolor_Nails_with_Acrylic_Paint

This is the second week of the Weekly Nail Art Challenge(#WNAC2015) on instagram which is hosted by @missbellatracey, @simplynailogical and @kgrdnr. 

The theme for the month is Elegance.


This weeks prompt is: Watercolor

I used acrylic paint to get this look and I think because of the nature of the design specific brands or colors don't matter(it's all up to what you like). But In case you were curious I used Craft Smart Acrylic Paint in Purple, Turquoise, Bright Blue, Neon Pink, nail art brushes, a paint pallet, q-tips, Funky Fingers Gesso and a quick dry top coat.
Pastel_Watercolor_Nails_with_Acrylic_Paint

I painted 2 coats of Funky Fingers Gesso is my base coat and 1 coat of quick dry coat. Once they were completely dry I mixed a drop of paint in each of the wells on the pallet and diluted it with water. With my nail art brush I dabbed on paint on my nail and allowed it to dry a bit and soaked up any excess water with a q-tip. I continued that on each nail until I was happy with the result and then painted on 1 coat of quick dry coat.
Pastel_Watercolor_Nails_with_Acrylic_Paint


Thanks for stopping by and please check back throughout the next few weeks for more nail challenge inspired manis!
Did you miss last weeks challenge mani? Check it out Here


2 comments: